The Sunday Abundance Group is a meeting of Business Debtors Anonymous (BDA). BDA is a distinct and dynamic but not separate part of Debtors Anonymous (DA), created to focus on the recovery of members of the fellowship who are business owners. Together, members of BDA support one another in applying the DA principles and tools when owning and running a business.
In BDA we learn to operate our business along spiritual lines and find that operating in integrity and being of service is profitable. We accumulate cash reserves, pay our bills and employees on time, and build a thriving, prosperous, debt-free and financially solvent business. We work together to incorporate the spiritual and practical Tools of Debtors Anonymous into running our businesses, as well as the Additional Tools of Business Debtors Anonymous, which are the following:
1. We keep separate professional and personal financial records and bank accounts.
2. We write annual one-year business plans with definable and accountable goals and targets.
3. We keep clean, orderly and accurate financial records, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash on Hand, Inventory, Assets, and Outstanding Debts, and put all tax and bill due dates on our calendar.
4. We pay ourselves a salary including benefits, medical insurance, vacations and sick days.
5. We remain mindful that dollars spent should generate revenue and compare prices before making purchases.
6. We maintain clarity about the overhead and profit margins of every product or service we sell.
7. We pay our bills and invoice our clients promptly.
8. We put all our business agreements in writing and write our own Letters of Agreement.
9. We notice the competition but don’t worry about it. We learn from our competitors and trust that it is an abundant universe with more than enough for everyone.
10. We detach from difficult personalities and poor paying clients and put principles before personalities.
11. We bookend before and after making commitments and difficult business decisions or actions.
12. We are willing to be in charge and responsible for our business. Professionals such as accountants, lawyers and consultants who work for us are not our higher power.
The Sunday Abundance group of Business Debtors Anonymous is not affiliated with Austin Galano Club in accordance with the 6th tradition. We just hold our meetings there on Sundays at 1 p.m.