Since 1976, the primary purpose of the fellowship of the Lambda / Live & Let Live group has been to stay sober and help other alcoholics stay sober. We describe our group as “LGBT sensitive” because a large portion of our membership comes from the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender community. ALL are welcome, however, and the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership, we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
|Monday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Discussion|
|Tuesday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Discussion|
|Wednesday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Beginner Meeting|
|Thursday||8:00 PM||Medium||Open, Big Book Study|
|Friday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Fireball (Last Friday of the month, Birthday Night)|
|Saturday||8:00 PM||Large||Open, Speaker Meeting|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||Large||Open, Discussion|
|Sunday||8:00 PM||Medium||Open, Discussion|
There are several service commitments available for newcomers, oldtimers, and everyone in-between. Chairing meetings, speaker opportunities, phone list validation, butt pickup, chair straightening, bringing meetings to correctional facilities and treatment centers…and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with the service commitment just right for you.
|June 23||Steve W||Beyond Belief|
|June 30||Jamie S||Lambda|
- Special Lambda Live and Let Live – GROUP CONSCIENCE AGENDA June 24, 2018—12:15 PM
Group Conscience meetings will be limited to a maximum of 90 minutes. Additional meetings will be scheduled as needed to complete the discussion of agenda items.Topics below were brought forth by current members of Lambda/Live and Let Live and will be discussed at this meeting:
1) Motion: That L/L&LL fund one night hotel only for General Service Representative (or Alternate in their absence) to attend the Area Voting assemblies held in the spring and fall outside of our home district, not to exceed the negotiated room rate plus tax of the Area Assembly host hotel for that meeting.
Background: The spring assembly gives our Area 68 Delegate our voice to take to the General Service Conference in NY each year. The Fall assembly handles any business of the Area that needs to be voted on. Both of these assemblies provide an important opportunity for our group voice to be heard at all levels of the AA Service Structure. Making this an established expense will encourage members to participate in all levels of the service structure, as acting GSR, and keep those who may not be able to afford to travel the ability to do so. Time and Mileage can be requested as a separate motion at the discretion of the GSR. GSR must present a receipt for the room night, along with a copy of the assembly flyer for verification purposes to the treasurer at the Group Conscience meeting following the assembly in order to be reimbursed. Reimbursement may be requested in advance with reservation confirmation and the flyer, as long as a receipt is given to the treasurer after the assembly.
2) Motion: That our monthly Steering Committee meeting format change to a monthly Group Conscience meeting to include brief reports on the happenings of AA as a whole.
Background: We would like to have a more informed group conscience by sharing information, updates, and opportunities that have traditionally been shared only in our Steering Committee meetings. A formal process for handling new business and motions will be identified.
3) Motion: That L/LLL amends its bylaws.
Background: We have had a subcommittee working on a bylaws revision for several months to reflect the changes in our group. Several items are addressed including the way we function with Galano, changes in the duties of some of our current service positions, and new service positions have been added.
- Pride Parade 2018:
- Austin Galano Club – Pride Festival & Parade – August 11,2018 – We need help at the booth. Location: Fiesta Gardens 10:30AM to 6:30PM. Please contact Tom S. or James F.
- The Pride Parade will be located between 15th & 11th Streets behind the Texas Capital 8PM-10PM- online details ant tickets can be found at https://do512.com/austinpride2018
- For the parade: Austin Galano T-Shirts will be given to members. Non-members may purchase one for $15 at the coffee bar.
- Quarter Ended 30 June 2017, LLLL donated $912.91 down the service chain ($456.45 (HCI), $91.29 (District), $91.29 (Area), and $273.87 (GSO)
- Quarter Ended 30 September 2017, LLLL donated $1165 down the service chain ($582.75 (HCI), $116.55 (District), $116.55 (Area), and $349.65 (GSO)
- If you are looking for a service commitment for you or a sponsee, connect with the Rob C or Zach W at a meeting, or email at email@example.com to find out what is available. You can also sign up to chair a meeting or be a greeter on the calendars being passed around at meetings.
- If you would like to make a $$ contribution directly to Hill Country Intergroup (AA), you can now make those via cash or card at the Galano Coffee Bar
Have an announcement you would like included in the weekly email and daily meeting reading? Complete the simple form below and it will be added as appropriate.
|Service Committee Chair||Rob C|
|Service Committee Co-Chair||Sully S|
Steering Committee Minutes:
- Lambda Live and Let Live Bylaws (updated Dec 2013)
- With your input at the next Group Conscience the bylaws of Lambda Live and Let Live are being adjusted June 24- 12:15
GSO and Other Resources:
- Box 459 a quarterly news bulletin from the General Service Office