On behalf of the AGC Board, we write to update you on AGC’s plan to prepare for COVID-19. We care deeply about the health and safety of all who utilize the club and are dedicated to fulfilling our mission even in the face of a crisis. As you very well know, there is a great deal of uncertainty and anxiety around the virus. As of today, there are still no confirmed cases in Austin, Travis County. There is no move to close the club at this time, but we are putting some measures in place.
- 1. Our cleaning company will take extra measures to wipe down all surfaces–door knobs, front door, keyboards, coffee bar keypad and iPad, computer mouses, bathroom fixtures, kitchen items, etc.
- 2. We have ordered spray bottles and Clorox bleach to make the CDC recommended diluted bleach disinfectant solution. We will have one bottle in each meeting room, one in each bathroom and one in the lounge area. There will be paper towels in each space as well. These items should arrive within the next five days.
- 3. In the meantime, we have some Clorox and Lysol wipes. Please take what you need and leave the canisters in the kitchen.
- 4. We are asking coffee bar volunteers to wipe down surfaces during downtime, particularly on the nights when our cleaning surface doesn’t come (Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun).
- 5. We are asking groups to wipe down surfaces and chairs after EACH meeting.
- 6. If you are feeling sick, contact your medical provider and stay home.
- 7. Choose alternative greetings to hugs and handshakes like waving hello, hands to heart and bowing, etc.
- 8. Opt for smaller meetings and avoid larger meetings if you are feeling anxious about larger group size.
- 9. Groups have the autonomy to cancel meetings as they see fit.
- 10. Utilize online meetings.
- 11. Organize phone meetings.
- 12. Keep in contact with others if you self-quarantine or are struggling in general.
- 13. Keep in contact with our most vulnerable community members (older than sixty-five and with pre-existing conditions).
- 14. Our cleaning crew comes Mon, Wed, and Fri nights. Folks who are high-risk may want to consider extra precautions on Sunday and Monday.
The Galano Board will continue to monitor the situation, and follow recommendations from the Health Authorities. Depending on how things unfold/advance in the upcoming days and weeks, we may have to take further measures. We will be in touch with you regularly. Your health and well-being are our priority.
Please contact any one of us with questions or concerns.
Sincerely, your humble servants,
Mara W. firstname.lastname@example.org
James Y. email@example.com
Lauren O. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie S. email@example.com
Jamal W. firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison B. email@example.com
Loretta M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mel H. email@example.com
Blake P. firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Q. email@example.com
Marvin T. firstname.lastname@example.org